News release from the University of Saint Francis:
USF offering community electronics recycling
(March 21, 2010) – The University of Saint Francis (USF) will offer electronics recycling for the community on Saturday, April 16 from 1-4 p.m. or until a trailer on the front drive of the North Campus at 2702 Spring St. is filled. Although no fees will be charged, cash donations will be accepted to fund USF student-led environmental programs.
USF will partner with local Ace Recycling and Action Environmental Inc. on the community service. Those wishing to recycle items need not reside in Allen County. In its fourth year, the effort has served hundreds of households and reclaimed tens of thousands of pounds of electronic waste.
Personal computers, monitors, keyboards, laptops, mice, cables, computer printers, desktop fax machines, desktop scanners, desktop copiers, surge protectors, microwaves, cell phones, VHS players, DVD players, MP3s, iPods, stereo equipment, hair dryers, toasters, blenders and other small appliances will be recycled. No televisions or large appliances will be accepted.
To further underscore USF’s Franciscan value of respect for creation and the importance of environmental stewardship, adult bicycles will also be collected to enlarge the USF student bicycle loan program fleet. The program aims to reduce carbon emissions from combustion engines by loaning students bikes to ride. Bicycles can be taken to the North Campus collection site.
For more information, contact Trina Herber at (260) 399-7700, ext. 8134.
The University of Saint Francis, founded in 1890 as a comprehensive university in the Catholic Franciscan tradition, offers more than 60 undergraduate and 13 graduate programs in five schools: The School of Health Sciences, School of Arts and Sciences, Keith Busse School of Business and Entrepreneurial Leadership, School of Professional Studies and School of Creative Arts. More than 2,300 students from a broad geographic region attend USF for its academic excellence. The university has a regional campus in Crown Point, Ind.