Press release from Parkview Health:
Parkview Women’s & Children’s Hospital welcomes first baby to be born at hospital in 2011
(January 1, 2011) – Parkview’s Women’s & Children’s Hospital on the Parkview North campus today welcomed the first baby to be born at the facility in 2011.
Baby boy Kayden Copeland was born at 12:58 a.m. and weighed six pounds and 12 ounces and was 20 inches long. The proud parents are Ryan Copeland and Jessica Bradtmueller of Fort Wayne.
The Parkview Women’s & Children’s Hospital features:
- 24 private mother/baby rooms
- 10 labor/delivery/recovery rooms
- Four antenatal high-risk pregnancy/delivery rooms
- Two labor/delivery/recovery rooms with whirlpool relaxation baths
- Two operating room suites
- Family-focused newborn intensive care unit (NICU) with all private rooms
- Board-certified neonatologists on-site 24/7
- Specially designed NICU rooms for twins and triplets
- Wireless communication between patients and nursing staff
The first baby to be born at Parkview Hospital’s Randallia campus in 2011 was a baby boy at 4:27 a.m.