Press release from the Fort Wayne Dance Collective:
2011 Choreographer’s Lab nurtures budding choreographers
The Fort Wayne Dance Collective is excited to offer an opportunity to budding choreographers and interested dancers! As part of our goal to nurture artists and creative process, we plan to hold a performance consisting of several pieces choreographed by new and upcoming artists. Performances are scheduled for Feb. 18 and 19, at 7:00 pm at the FWDC Elliot Studio Theatre, 437 E. Berry St.
We have a great lineup of artists and their dances for you! A few of the proposals:
- Chris Knutson with a trio using ballet and modern movements
- Long-time FWDC teacher Becca Wegner presenting “By Your Side”, about a relationship betweenÂ a mother and child.
- New York native Vicki Gallagher presenting “In Memoriam”, a dedication to the loved ones we’veÂ lost.
- Peter Johnson with “Birth, Play”, a Spanish dance.
- FWDC veteran Linda Bess performs a piece not yet titled, featuring the use of scarves, silence,Â candles, and more.
- Amanda Brostek and Bree Rudd and their piece, “Society’s Canvas”, about peer pressure andÂ how it can effect a person.
- Guest Artist Bob Eisen, founder of Link’s Hall in Chicago, presenting a piece after returning to theÂ US from studying in Russia.
On sale starting January 17, tickets are a steal at $10 for adults and $8 for children 12 and under.Â For more information on tickets, or to interview choreographers involved, call (260) 424-6574 orÂ.