Press release from the Allen County Commissioners:
Commissioners Seek Public Input on Revised Highway Conversion Policy
Action deferred until Dec. 3
(November 19, 2010) – The Allen County Board of Commissioners wants to give the public the opportunity to weigh in on proposed changes to the County’s Highway Conversion Policy.
At their meeting today, the Commissioners delayed taking a vote on the revised policy until their next regularly scheduled legislative session on Friday, December 3.
The Highway Conversion Policy outlines procedures and guidelines for changing stone roads in the county to chip-and-seal surfaces.
The proposed revisions to the conversion policy include:
- An improved process for securing right-of-way by requiring legal descriptions;
- A fairer and more equitable evaluating system for road projects;
- A cost share between the County and residents of eminent domain procedures (per available funding within the Allen County Highway Department).
A copy of the policy with the proposed changes is available by clicking here.
Residents are encouraged to send the Commissioners their written comments using one of the following methods:
- By sending a letter addressed to Allen County Commissioners, 1 E. Main St., Room 200, Fort Wayne, IN 46802;
- By faxing their comments to (260) 449-7568;
- Or by sending an email to.