Press release from the Lutheran Health Network:
Lutheran Health Network Sponsoring Free Family Activity Festival This Saturday at Canlan
Indoor fun to include various winter activities and photos with the Turner Cup
(October 25, 2010) – Lutheran Health Network is teaming up with Canlan Ice Sports to offer area residents a preview of ways to stave off hibernation this winter and remain physically active all year round. LHN is sponsoring the Family Activity Festival on Saturday, Oct. 30, from 1 to 5 p.m. at Canlan Ice Sports, 3869 Ice Way Drive, off Lima Road across from Glenbrook Commons.
As Mother Nature begins to send her all too familiar signals that cold weather is right around the corner, the general public is invited to head indoors to skate, bounce and rub elbows with some of our local hockey heroes. Family activities include:
- Open skating from 1 to 5 p.m. with free skate rental
- Photos with Fort Wayne Komet players or the Turner Cup
- Shots on goal with real hockey sticks and pucks from 1:50 to 2:50 p.m.
- An Olympic-style figure skating exhibition with more than 25 skaters at 2:30 p.m.
- A clinic to learn the Olympic sport of curling from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- Unlimited access to Bounce Mania from noon to 5 p.m.
- Facility tours
All activities are being offered free of charge until 5 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to bring a camera to capture all the action.
The Thirsty Penguin Grillhouse, located on the facility’s second level, will also be open Saturday offering great food and beverages for purchase.
Call (260) 387-6614 for additional information and directions.