Press release from the Fort Wayne Dance Collective:
Spooky concert, “Dark Dance, Deadly Tongue” features 9 local choreographers and their chilling performances
The Fort Wayne Dance Collective is pleased to present “Dark Dance, Deadly Tongue,” a spooky Halloween performance that will send a shiver down your spine! Nine local choreographers ranging from professional to high-school, present original works that combine dance with some element of spoken word.
Last year’s performance of “Eaten Alive: Seven Deadly Sins” was a sold-out hit, and this year, we’ve added choreographers and performance dates! Rather than centering around the common theme, this year, choreographers could pick whatever story they would like, as long as they incorporate spoken word, whether from onstage or a narration. Pieces range from a retelling of the classic book “Beowulf” to a lighter “Spook Machine” which highlights typical elements of Halloween: black cats, ghosts, goblins, werewolves, etc.
A list of choreographers and their pieces:
- “The Dark Shadow” by Britney Tun
- “Never Ending Nightmare” by Jamie Grabner and Jessica Williams
- “Beowulf” by Savannah Serban
- “Spook Machine” by Heidi Prussing
- “Till Death” by Alison Gerardot
- “The House that Visits” by Liz Monnier
- “Facing the Internal” by Becca Wegner
- “Se Vita Privare” by Kara Wilson
- “Beauty’s Descent” by Elizabeth Mikautadze, Mikautadze Dance Theatre
Tickets are priced to sell at $12 for adults and $10 for students. This performance is not appropriate for children. All performances will be held at the FWDC Elliot Studio Theatre (437 E. Berry St.) , and is part of the Downtown Improvement District’s Fright Night weekend.For more information, visit theÂ.