Federal funds secured for para-transit service

NIRCC logo

Press release from the Northeastern Indiana Regional Coordinating Council:

Federal funds secured for para-transit service

The Northeastern Indiana Regional Coordinating Council (NIRCC) has received confirmation from the Indiana Department of Transportation – Office of Transit that the Community Transportation Network (CTN) and the Allen County Council on Aging (ACCA) have been awarded vehicles requested through the 2010 Section 5310 Federal Specialized Transportation Capital Assistance Grant Program.

CTN was awarded all three (3) of their requested vehicles and ACCA was awarded their one (1) requested vehicle. The total cost of the vehicles awarded is $196,000. Federal funds will provide 80% of the total cost of these vehicles. CTN and ACCA will provide the remaining 20% local match.

These vehicles are crucial to meeting the transportation needs in Allen County; as such CTN, ACCA and the NIRCC Transportation Advisory Committee should be commended on their efforts. The vehicles will be used to transport area residents to medical appointments and wellness activities throughout the community.

Related Images:


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here