Press release from the American Red Cross:
Dunkin’ Donuts joins Red Cross in thanking blood donors
Promotion affirms the good in helping to save a life
When asked, many blood donors will say they give blood because of the satisfaction they get from knowing they just helped save a life.
This March, Dunkin’ Donuts joins the American Red Cross in confirming that feeling through a special promotion that asks: “Donut feel good to donate?”
Now through March 31, donors coming to give blood at participating American Red Cross blood drives in the Indiana-Ohio Region will receive a coupon for a free Dunkin’ Donuts donut.
“The good feeling you get from helping to save a life just got better,” said Sharyn Whitman, CEO for the Indiana-Ohio Blood Services Region of the American Red Cross. “We’re grateful to Dunkin’ Donuts for building good will through their generous gift to blood donors.”
Through “Donut feel good to donate?” Dunkin’ Donuts joins the Red Cross in celebrating March is Red Cross Month, and in encouraging more people to give blood. Collecting blood during the winter can be challenging since cold and snowy weather can sometimes prevent donors from making and keeping appointments. In early February, for instance, eight American Red Cross blood drives were canceled due to weather, representing nearly 500 blood donations in the Indiana-Ohio Region.
“While weather changes, the need for blood never does,” said Whitman. “In lots of ways, it’s a great feeling to know you have something to give that’s needed year-round.”
All donors at the following American Red Cross blood drives will receive a coupon for a free Dunkin’ Donuts donut:
- Tuesday, March 16, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. at the Memorial Coliseum, located at 4000 Parnell Ave. in Fort Wayne. Come to donate and receive a t-shirt. This blood drive is sponsored by the Mad Ants.
- Tuesday, March 16, from 8 a.m. until 1p.m. at American Electric Power/Chase Bank, located at One Summit Square on the 18th floor in Fort Wayne. Please call 425-2384 or 427-8452 to schedule your blood donation appointment.
- Thursday, March 18, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. at Kelley Automotive, located at 633 Avenue of Autos in Fort Wayne. Please call 434-4710 to schedule your blood donation appointment.
- Saturday, March 27, from 8 a.m. until 12 noon at Glenbrook Hyundai, located at 4801 Coldwater Road in Fort Wayne. Come to donate and receive a free oil change coupon good for up to 5 quarts of non-synthetic oil at Glenbrook Hyundai. Please call 484-9531 to schedule your blood donation appointment.
- Saturday, March 27, from 8 a.m. until 12 noon at Glenbrook Dodge, located at 100 W. Coliseum in Fort Wayne. Come to donate and receive a free oil change coupon good for up to 5 quarts of non-synthetic oil at Glenbrook Dodge. Please call 482-5377 to schedule your blood donation appointment.
- Monday, March 29, from 2 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, located at 630 Lincoln Highway E. in New Haven.
Fort Wayne Donor Center located at 1212 E. California Road in Fort Wayne, (across from the Memorial Coliseum)
Traditional whole blood or double red cell donation:
- Mon. & Tues. 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Weds. & Thurs. 12 noon – 6 p.m.
- Fri. & Sat. 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Platelet Pheresis Donation (call 1-800-589-8127 or 260-480-8299 to schedule a platelet donation):
- Mon. 6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Tues. & Weds. 11:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Thurs. 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Fri. 6:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Sat. 6:30 a.m. – 12 noon
- Sun. 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Lutheran Hospital Donor Center located at 7900 W. Jefferson Blvd., Suite 107 in Fort Wayne (in the South Lobby of Lutheran Hospital) Traditional whole blood or platelet pheresis donation (no platelet pheresis on Wednesdays):
- Monday through Wednesday: 12 noon – 6 p.m.
- Thursday through Saturday: 6 a.m. – 12 noon
- Sunday: by appointment only