Press release from Parkview Hospital:
Parkview, Super Shot and local schools partner on vaccination clinics
This week marks National Influenza Vaccination Week, a time to highlight the importance of influenza vaccinations. To demonstrate its commitment to improving the health of the communities it serves, Parkview Hospital today announced it will be holding seasonal flu vaccination clinics for students at area schools.
Parkview, Super Shot, Inc. and the Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health are encouraging parents and caregivers to have their child receive the seasonal flu vaccination. Clinics will be held for students that attend the schools listed below.
- Monday, Jan. 18; Arcola and Huntertown elementary schools
- Tuesday, Jan. 19; Prince Chapman Academy, Southwick and Village elementary schools
- Wednesday, Jan. 20; Highland Terrace, Meadowbrook and New Haven elementary schools
- Thursday, Jan. 21; Imagine Schools
- Friday, Jan. 22; Abbett, Hoagland, Nebraska, and Scott elementary schools
- Monday, Jan. 25; Adams, Bloomingdale and Forest Park elementary schools
- Tuesday, Jan. 26; Franke Park, Lindley and Washington elementary schools
- Wednesday, Jan. 27; Harrison Hill, Maplewood and Waynedale elementary schools
- Thursday, Jan. 28; Fairfield, Indian Village, South Wayne, and Study elementary schools
- Friday, Jan. 29; Brentwood, Northcrest and Price elementary schools
“Parkview is pleased to be a leader in providing needed services to the community,” said Connie Kerrigan, manager of community nursing, Parkview Hospital. “Influenza vaccinations are very important. We want children to be as healthy and safe as possible.”
“Flu viruses can be unpredictable but our approach to prevention should not be,” said Allen County Health Commissioner Dr. Deborah McMahan. “Getting vaccinated is the best way to protect yourself, your family and your community. I urge all parents to have their children vaccinated.”
Parents of students who do not attend any of the participating schools but are interested in having their child vaccinated should contact their health care provider or Super Shot for vaccination opportunities.
Super Shot website