Press release from Parkview Hospital:
Parkview Hospital recognized for women’s health efforts
Parkview Hospital has been recognized as a Spirit of Women Premier Hospital measured by the National Standards of Excellence in Women’s Health.
The standards were developed by the Spirit of Women Health NetworkÂ® in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women’s Health. The standards serve as a measurement of commitment to clinical excellence in women’s healthcare and community outreach.
During a six-month evaluation process, Parkview Hospital met or exceeded at least 80 percent of the national standards. Parkview Hospital earned an overall score of 93 percent and was identified in October as a “community accelerator for women’s health excellence.”
Hospitals that conform to the standards focus on women’s health, education and access to care in areas that include:
- Integrating the results of a community-health assessment into program planning
- Implementing comprehensive programs for different life stages
- Promoting sensitivity to community diversity and cultural difference
- Aligning women’s health services with community needs
- Leading with innovation in healthcare and outreach initiatives
- Managing quality-improvement programs
- Providing multidisciplinary approach to care
For more information about services available to women, contact the Parkview Women’s Health Center at (260) 672-6500.