Press release from the Fort Wayne Dance Collective:
Nuts & Crackers 2009 â€” An alternative holiday dance performance by the Fort Wayne Dance Collective
Fort Wayne Dance Collective is proud to present Nuts & Crackers, a dance performance featuring students from the Fall 2009 semester of classes. Performance ages range from 3 year old Creative Movement students, to adult modern dancers.
The performance features a wide range of choreography! Here is a sampling of what is being performed:
- 3-5 year-olds performing “To Catch a Santa,” features little mischief-makers going after Santa’s goodies. Features 8 year-old Clara as Santa.
- The Red Towel Dance, performed by 8-10 year-olds, based on original drawings by Remy Charlip to The Carol of the Bells.
- “Four Minutes”, a piece created by FWDC Artistic Director Liz Monnier. Guess how long it is?
- “Ophelia’s Dance”, featuring Jordana bint Zweena and bellydancers.
- “The Green Isle in the Sea”, a dance based on a fable by James Thurber. The dance was created in 1985 by Jim Tyler, a dancer, choreographer, and performer from San Francisco and close friend of FWDC who died of AIDS-related complications in 1989. It is being revived in honor of the 25th anniversary of the AIDS Task Force.
Performances are Friday, Dec. 11 at 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 12 at 7 p.m., and Sunday, Dec. 13 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for children, and are on sale by calling the Fort Wayne Dance Collective
office at (260) 424-6574 or by emailing.