Press release, dated September 19, 2009, from the:
Excise Police issue 32 tickets at Kenny Chesney Concert
Indianapolis, Ind. – Indiana State Excise Police officers issued 32 summonses to 25 people at the Kenny Chesney concert at Lucas Oil Stadium on Saturday, September 19, 2009.
Excise officers monitored both inside Lucas Oil Stadium and tailgating areas around the stadium. Most tickets were for illegal possession of alcoholic beverages before and during the concert. The following is a list of some of the charges:
- 22 minors were charged with illegal possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- 2 adults were cited for furnishing alcohol to a minor.
- 4 minors were charged with possession of false identification.
- 1 minor was arrested for public intoxication
- 2 minors were arrested for false informing and false statement of age
- 1 adult was arrested for trespass
Indiana State Excise Police officers are the enforcement division of the Indiana Alcohol & Tobacco Commission. While excise officers are empowered to enforce any state law, they primarily focus on alcohol, tobacco and related violations.