The Fort Wayne City Council meets in Committee Session tomorrow night at 5:30 pm in room 128 of the City-County Building.
I have been trying something new the last few weeks. Â I have begun posting live updates as the Council sessions progress. Â Tomorrow, look for a post titled, “Live: City Council notes – 8/17/2009”. Â Periodically Refresh the post by hitting F5 or your browser’s refresh button for the latest. Â This is dependent on being able to get a good wi-fi signal in the Council Chambers.
Due to technical difficulties both at the Clerk’s office, the agenda has not been posted. Â However, I have it here for you. Â The meeting kicks off with a presentation by City Controller Pat Roller regarding the Renaissance Square purchase by the City for co-location of some City and County offices.
The other ordinances up for discussion include:
- S-09-08-03 – An ordinance certifying and approving the need for the services of a consultant (Camp Dresser & McKee Inc.) to provide professional engineering services for the System Wide Interceptor Hydraulic Model Recalibration – Phase 1. Â Total cost of $350,000
- R-09-06-13 – A resolution approving the sale and purchase agreement for the property located at 200 East Berry Street. Â It is deemed financially desirable to proceed with the acquisition, renovation and improvement of the property located at 200 East Berry Street to provide the Fort Wayne Police Department and the City of Fort Wayne’s various departments with adequate operational facilities – whereas the Sale and Purchase Agreement for the above property is submitted to the Common Council for approval. Â (Download this resolution)
- S-09-08-01 – An ordinance of the Common Council fixing, establishing and ratifying compensation for certain City employees represented by the Fort Wayne Professional Fire Fighters Union Local #124, Inc. Â The Common Council is required to approve its fiscal portions of the agreement and the compensation package for the year 2010 (agreement is for 3 years).
- G-09-06-09 – This ordinance will be formally withdrawn by the applicant, Aunt Millie’s Bakeries.
Public Works Committee
- S-09-08-02 – An ordinance approving construction contract – improvement Resolution # 7244-2009, Southtown Centre Trail, Phase 1 between Brooks Construction and the City of Fort Wayne, Indiana, in connection with the Board of Public Works. Â Total cost of $182,944. Â Prior Approval was received 7/28/2009.