Press release from the Allen County Treasurer:
Property Tax Bills Are Due August 20, 2009
Allen County Treasurer Sue Orth announced that the spring property tax bill due date is almost here. The due date is August 20, 2009. Payments must be in the Treasurer’s Office or postmarked by August 20 to avoid penalty.
Several payment methods are available:
- Mail to: Allen County Treasurer, PO Box 2540, Fort Wayne IN 46801-2540. Payment is considered “on time” when postmarked by the US Post Office on or before the due date.
- Local Banks: You may pay your property taxes on time at the Allen County banks listed on the back of the tax bill. You must have your tax statement when paying at a bank.
- Treasurer’s Office: The Treasurer’s office is located in room 104 of the City – County Building in Fort Wayne. Please bring your entire statement when paying in person. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays, with extended hours on both due date p.m. The deposit slot in the front of the Treasurer’s office is available from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Drop Box: Taxpayers can deposit their tax payment in the night depository for the Clerk of the Court and Allen County Treasurer located on Main Street in front of the Court House. Also available is the night depository at any Star Financial Bank location.
- Other Options: Â Check the Treasurer’s web site, for information about paying by credit card, single electronic payment or signing up for the monthly payment plan or auto bank debit. Follow the links on the home page.