Press release from SCAN:
SCAN’s Duck Race Floats Past Â½-Way Mark!
Hope To Raise $73,000 More By June 20th!
The race to raise $150,000 to help eliminate child abuse and neglect in northeast Indiana is in full swing as SCAN prepares for its 21st Annual Duck Race. So far SCAN has raised more than $77,000 $89,000 (updated as of today) towards its goal. Â They still have $51,000 to raise in 12 days.
This year’s duck race will take place at 11:30am, Saturday, June 20, 2009 at the Johnny Appleseed Park boat ramp in Fort Wayne, IN. The first 29 duckies to go through the winner’s chute will receive great prizes (with a minimum value of $75) donated from area businesses. The grand prize is $5,000 cash from Weigand Construction and the 2nd prize is $1,500 cash from Manpower. (Go to the SCAN website to view all prizes). To be part of the race, you simply need to sponsor a plastic duckie. (See attached list of outlets where duckies can be sponsored.)
SCAN’s Duck Race is the agency’s largest, and most popular, fundraiser of the year. Individuals, organizations and businesses can sponsor plastic duckies for $5 each (corporate sponsorships, called Duck Dignitaries, also are available.) Each duckie helps eliminate sexual abuse, physical abuse and neglect of children in northeast Indiana. This year, more than ever, your support is needed to ensure families receive the help they need to end child abuse.
Since 1974, SCAN has provided intensive, home-based and educational services designed to protect children and help strengthen families. For more information about SCAN, or the duck race, contact Stephanie Jentgen, Communication Director, at (260) 421-5002, x2238 or.
2009 Duckie Outlets
These businesses are selling duckies for SCAN through June 19, 2009, unless otherwise noted.
- Arden Companies, 3510 Piper Drive, Fort Wayne
- The Bagel Station, 3009 E. State Blvd., Fort Wayne
- Cookie Cottage, 508 Noble Drive, Fort Wayne
- Covington Bar & Grill, 6330 W. Jefferson Blvd., Fort Wayne
- Curves in Fort Wayne (Bluffton Rd., Georgetown, Time Corners, St. Joe Center Rd., and Woodland Plaza) Leo, and New Haven.
- Dekalb Financial Credit Union, New Haven location.
- First Federal Bank, 7437 Coldwater Rd., Fort Wayne
- Food Marketing Federal Credit Union, 4920 Executive Blvd., Fort Wayne
- Fort Financial Credit Union (all locations, including Fort Wayne Meijer stores))
- Freedom Financial Federal Credit Union, 1802 Inwood Drive, Fort Wayne
- General Credit Union (all locations)
- Green Frog Inn, 820 Spring Street, Fort Wayne
- ITT Credit Union, 1919 W. Cook Rd., Fort Wayne
- MAC Food Mart-Sunoco locations: Fort Wayne – 10317 Bluffton Rd., 5133 Coldwater Rd., 12635 Coldwater Rd., and 6925 US30 E (near New Haven)
- National City Bank (downtown Fort Wayne, Pine Valley, South Anthony/U.S. 27, E. State and Coliseum Blvd., New Haven, and Monroeville)
- Pine Valley Bar & Grill, 2914 E. Dupont Rd., Fort Wayne
- Pinnacle Credit Union, 4025 W. Jefferson Blvd., Fort Wayne
- Riegel’s (downtown location)
- River City Links, 1227 Herbert Street, Fort Wayne
- Three Rivers Federal Credit Union (Northland Branch, Chapel Ridge Branch -Maysville Rd.,Â Illinois Road Branch, Maplewood Plaza Branch, New Haven Branch, Waynedale Branch, Scott’s Chestnut Plaza, Scott’s Dupont Crossing, Scott’s Georgetown Square, Scott’s North Clinton,Â Scott’s Village at Coventry, Scott’s West State Plaza)
- SCAN, Inc., 500 W. Main Street, Fort Wayne
- Star Financial Bank on Bluffton Rd. (Waynedale)
Photos from last year’s preparations:
no images were found