Press release from the City:
Road closure updates for 5:30 P.M. Wednesday
Flood Operations working at least through noon Thursday
The City of Fort Wayne still has the following roadways closed due to high water:
- Thieme at Berry
- Tillman at Calhoun
- North River between Maysville and Landin
- Taylor from Bright to Brooklyn
- Catalpa from Jefferson to Taylor
- Pauline from Hale to Taylor
- Geneva at Freeman
- State from Clinton to Wells
- 4th Street from Clinton to Spy Run
- Harry Baals Drive from Coliseum to Parnell
- Winchester from Bluffton to Airport Expressway
Clinton Street has one lane open between State and Elizabeth.
Drivers are encouraged to use alternative routes to avoid these areas until further notice. Do not attempt to drive through standing water.
Flood Operations will remain staffed at least through noon Thursday. The St. Marys River is going down; the St. Joseph River is rising and the Maumee is holding steady.
Sand available for sandbags:
The City has sand and sandbags at the old Dimension Ford parking lot on West Jefferson Boulevard for residents concerned about flooding at their properties to make their own sandbags. The Street Department has placed piles of sand and bags at these locations. Those making sandbags need to bring their own shovel.