A second series of videos has been added to AFW on YouTube concerning Tax Abatements. Â This series is tracking Councilwomen Liz Brown and Karen Goldner’s proposed changes to the City’s Tax Abatement ordinance and procedures. Â
Today’s videos feature Elissa McGauley who is an Economic Development Specialist with the City of Fort Wayne. Â She discusses Tax Abatements from what they are to how compliance is monitored. Â Below is the play list for the videos. Â Clicking play will play all videos in order. Â A list of the videos is included below.
- Elissa McGauley Introduction
- What is Tax Abatement?
- What is eligible for Tax Abatement?
- Are there Residential Tax Abatements available?
- What if the property is not inside an Economic Revitalization Area?
- What is the process?
- Once approved by City Council, what else needs to be done?
- What does the City do to promote Tax Abatements?
- When does the business need to apply?
- What’s the current evaluation process?
- Final approval is granted by?
- How many Abatements end in Approval?
- What happens once the approval is given?
- How is compliance verified?
- Economic Development value of Abatements