Artist’s rendering of the completed expansion, from the Trinity English Lutheran website.
Photo taken, September 11, 2005
According to their website, Trinity English Lutheran Church is planning an expansion to their existing building between Wayne Street and Washington Boulevard.Â It will be on the South side, facing Washington.Â As of July 14th, they had raised over $3.8 million in pledges towards the project.Â A press conference was held today attended by Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry.Â Construction should be starting in August and completed by June, 2009.Â The addition will add 12,000 square feet and include a 4-stop elevator, new green, geothermalÂ energy systems, porte cochere, and more parking spaces for those with disabilities and children.Â Total cost of the project is estimated at $5 Million.
From the Seeds of Faith website:
Question. How will “Seeds of Faith” further Trinity’s mission to welcome everyone to grow in the love and grace of Jesus Christ?
- A warm and inviting Washington Boulevard entrance will help catch people’s attention as they travel along one of Ft. Wayne’s busiest streets, encouraging them to worship, learn, serve and become part of God’s people at Trinity.
- A central gathering area with receptionist desk and place to sit and talk will encourage everyone to mingle with each other and become a closely knit community.Â
- A building with an entrance, worship and meeting spaces, and restrooms and an enlarged elevator that are accessible to all, including persons with physical challenges, will make Trinity a more welcoming church home.Â
- An outdoor activity area will give children, youth, and adults a safe place to relax and play.Â
- A covered entryway will make it possible to avoid the elements and an enlarged parking area will permit many to park closer to the building.
Technology improvements, including use of geothermal and solar energy, improved communication and data systems and more efficient mechanical systems, will allow Trinity to be better stewards of God’s many gifts.
Question. Why is this renovation and building needed?
The renovations and building project will allow for maximum utilization of our current facility and of the property purchased in June 2004. Moreover, with or without a capital campaign, Trinity’s facility and grounds will require significant improvements in the near future. These improvements include bringing the elevator up to code, parking lot repairs, and the replacement of the older mechanical systems with the geothermal based environmental system. Given the fact that Trinity now owns the entire downtown block on which it stands and the fact that significant improvements are urgently needed, the time is ripe for renovations and building.
The Trinity English Lutheran website has a special section devoted to the expansion.Â It is wonderful, after a slight lag over the past year, to see more construction planned in the downtown area.Â (This is of course with the exception of Harrison Square).Â
AFW Trinity English Lutheran Church Photos
Seeds of Faith website