News release from the Downtown Improvement District:
Downtown Improvement District announces $10,000 for return of off season events contest
(September 20, 2016) – Due to the success of last year’s events Weather the Fort and Art Crawl, The Downtown Improvement District is bringing back a contest which invites businesses, organizations, and individuals to submit their best ideas for events in February, March, or April 2017 for a chance to receive production support. Downtown Improvement District is pleased to announce that $10,000 has been allocated to the contest. Winning events will be awarded funding, as well an event consultation session. “The intent of this contest is to encourage year-round usage and engagement Downtown by offering an incentive for event production during classically less active months,” said Downtown Improvement District President Bill Brown. “Through strategic support we hope to help others create attractive public opportunities with an emphasis on new events that will continue to advance the vibrancy of Downtown Fort Wayne.”
Contest rules are as follows:
- Completed applications must be submitted no later than midnight on Friday, November 4th, 2016.
- Applications must be entirely complete. Incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified with no exceptions.
- The event must take place entirely within the Downtown Improvement District boundaries defined by the 99 blocks as of January 1, 2016. (See Map)
- The choice of vendors used for the event is at the discretion of the event planner, but at least 50% of the event vendors must be located within the District as defined by the 99 blocks. (See Map) This may include, but is not limited to: food, security, graphic design, web design, printing, installations, dÃ©cor, venues, performers, and logistical needs.
- The Downtown Improvement District will provide event consulting to the winning events. This one hour consultation will be provided primarily by the Downtown Improvement District’s Event Manager, but may include other staff as necessary at the discretion of the Downtown Improvement District President.
- A brief event report must be submitted each month for the months leading up to the event due on the first day of the month. For example, a March event winner must submit their report on January 1st, February 1st, and March 1st. The format of this report is at the discretion of the Downtown Improvement District, but will be brief.
- The Downtown Improvement District must be considered a top-level sponsor on any winning event. Sponsorship benefits must include logo inclusion on all marketing materials, inclusion in press/media materials, and any and all other applicable sponsor benefits.
Downtown Events Contest
Applications accepted, October 1ST – November 4TH , 2016
For information and an online application, visit: www.DowntownFortWayne.com
About the Downtown Improvement District
The Downtown Improvement District is an Economic Improvement District established by City Council under State of Indiana statute. Our services improve the business climate of the district and allow owners of non-residential real property to more easily assess their own economic potential. The Downtown Improvement District is governed by a Board of Directors and partners with the City of Fort Wayne and a wide-variety of public, not-for-profit, and private sector organizations to make downtown Fort Wayne an attractive place to live, work and enjoy which is ready for commerce.