News release from the Allen County SPCA:
Pet Expo information and shelter hours
(June 10, 2016) – The Allen County SPCA is gearing up for next weekend’s Northern Indiana Pet Expo, the largest pet extravaganza and adoption event of the year, at the Memorial Coliseum. To prepare, the adoption center has modified its hours of operation beginning June 16, 2016:
- Tues, June 14th – OPEN regular hours, 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Wed, June 15th – OPEN regular hours, 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Thu, June 16th – CLOSED
- Fri, June 17th – CLOSED
- Sat, June 18th – CLOSED – See us at the Pet Expo 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sun, June 19th – CLOSED – See us at the Pet Expo 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Looking to adopt? Come to the Northern Indiana Pet Expo where shelters and rescues(including ours) will be there with adoptable cats and dogs!
$15 microchips and registrations provided by the Allen County SPCA, courtesy of 24PetWatch.
- Dates: Saturday, June 18 and Sunday, June 19
- Times: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Daily
- Tickets: $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and children (kids under 5 free) and $1 for leashed and healthy pets. Dads get in FREE on Sunday! Tickets available at the door.
Saturday Education Sessions:
- 11:30 a.m. “You’ve Adopted a Puppy, Now What?”Â by Janis Crary from All About The Dog
- 12:45 p.m. “Community Cats”Â by Jenn Cherry from H.O.P.E. for Animals
- 2:15 p.m.”Spotting and Reporting Animal Cruelty”Â by Amy Jo Sites from Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control
Sunday Education Sessions:
- 11:30 a.m. “Prevention Assessment & Pre-Hospital Emergency Care”Â by Melissa Juillerat from K9 Konnections
- 12:45 p.m. “The Art of Creative Grooming”Â by Bonnie Buell and Misty Stephan
- 2:15 p.m.”Spotting & Reporting Animal Cruelty”Â by Lisa Cain of Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control
Plus, the Panfilov Family’s Performing House Cats and Dogs Show will take the stage three times daily! A canine agility course, balloon animals, face painting and coloring books for kids will be fun for the whole family.
Major event sponsors are the Petco Foundation, Vera Bradley and Bob Rohrman Subaru of Fort Wayne.
This is one of three signature events for the ACSPCA. All proceeds benefit the Allen County SPCA, the county’s only nonprofit animal shelter.
Details on bringing your pets to the Expo, a complete schedule of events and other information are available at www.northernindianapetexpo.org or by calling the Allen County SPCA at 744-0454.