Press release from the Fort Wayne Dance Collective:
We’re looking for a go-getting intern!
(September 1, 2010) – The Fort Wayne Dance Collective is hoping to find someone special — we received funding from Arts United to open a paid internship from October 2010 to June 2011. We need someone, a current college student, who can focus on multiple things at once, switch from administrative busy work to heads-in-the-clouds strategic planning, all the while navigating the sometimes confusing infrastructure of a collective-style managed organization.
Our ideal intern is laid-back but able to stay on task, adaptive and flexible but motivated, and understand the goals and philosophies of the Fort Wayne Dance Collective (which we will explain in the interview process). It’s a lot of fun — not only do they get to meet fun creative artists, they can work in an environment that fosters creativity. Our intern will get to bump elbows with internationally renowned dancers, learn how nonprofit arts organizations do their good works, and generally make a difference in the lives of over 30,000 people FWDC serves every year.
- Has an interest in dance, movement, and/or rhythmic music, as well as nonprofit administration.
- Able to create and maintain simple databases, and other related administrative duties to target our marketing for the Indiana Dance Festival and the accompanying guest artist residency by Hubbard Street 2 from Chicago, guest residency in April 2010.
- Must attend meetings and contribute efforts to the 2011 Indiana Dance Festival steering committee led by the Outreach Director.
- Make cold calls to identify potential attendees.
- Conduct mailings to inform patrons of the event.
- Assist with a smaller event, Dark Dance, Deadly Tongue, in late October, to build skills in customer service, as well as event promotion and coordination.
This position pays $10 per hour, for an average of 10 hours per week. Although hours are flexible, there are a few meetings and set office times that are a must.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, navigate over to the. Create a profile, and find our listing under the Arts, Entertainment, & Recreation Industry. If you’re who we’re looking for, we’ll call you for an interview. Please have your application in by 5:00 pm, September 15, 2010.