Press release from Parkview Health:
Parkview offering weight management program
(June 1, 2010) – Parkview Hospital is offering a weight management program for children and adolescents.
The Shapedown program is open to children eight to 18 years old and their families. The program is designed to improve exercise, nutrition, communication, and sedentary behavior.
- Physician referral and release to exercise
- Child/teen with body mass index (BMI) greater than 85th percentile
- Interest in improving health and fitness with a commitment to excellent attendance and participation
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. Monday, June 7 at the Parkview Heart Institute, 2231 Carew St.
- Begins Monday, June 21, and classes are held each Monday night for six weeks at the ASH Centre, 1701 Freeman St.
For more information, call (260) 373-3915.