Press release from the Northeast Indiana Foundation:
Regional Visioning Coordinating Group Holds First Meeting
Leaders working toward common vision for regional economy
A diverse group of leaders from across the 10-county northeast Indiana region today held its first meeting to begin the process of developing a vision aimed at shaping the vitality of northeast Indiana’s regional economy.
The Coordinating Group will work on immediate and long-term strategies to produce a vision – called Vision 2020 — that focuses on the following key objectives; competitive business climate, 21st century talent, quality of place, infrastructure, and entrepreneurship.
Keith Busse, President and CEO, Steel Dynamics and Mike Packnett, President and CEO, Parkview Health serve as co-chairs of the Vision 2020 Coordinating Group.
“We are excited to begin this journey as we work together to develop a strategy and a vision for how northeast Indiana can become an economic development leader. Today’s meeting was a valuable session and provided a framework for where we stand as a region and where we need to be headed,” said Packnett. “This is the right time to start this process. We are pleased to have leaders from several different sectors working toward a common vision to enhance our region.”
“This is a tremendous opportunity to work collaboratively at a time when economic growth and our area’s viability and vitality are at a turning point,” said Busse. “This visioning initiative will better position northeast Indiana to take the necessary steps to make a positive difference.”
Vision 2020 Coordinating Group members:
- Andy Briggs -Â President, Bank of Geneva
- Dr. Earl Brooks -Â President, Trine University
- Tobias Buck -Â Chairman & CEO, Paragon Medical
- Keith Busse – President and CEO, Steel Dynamics
- Ted Ellis -Â Mayor, City of Bluffton
- Brian Emerick -Â President, MicroPulse
- Steve Ford -Â President, Ford Meter Box
- Scott Glaze -Â CEO, Fort Wayne Metals
- Suzanne Handshoe -Â Mayor, City of Kendallville
- Tom Henry -Â Mayor, City of Fort Wayne
- Sandi Kemmish -Â Director, Lincoln Financial Foundation
- Mike Kubacki -Â President and CEO, Lake City Bank
- Tom Leedy – President, Dekko Foundation
- Jim Marcuccilli -Â President and CEO, STAR Financial
- September McConnell -Â Executive Director, Whitley Co. Community Foundation
- Mike Packnett -Â President and CEO, Parkview Health
- Nelson Peters -Â Commissioner, Allen County
- Joe Pierce -Â President, Farmers State Bank
- Dr. Wendy Robinson -Â Superintendent, FWCS
- Dr. Mike Schatzlein -Â CEO, Lutheran Health Network
- Heather Schoegler Â -Â President, Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana
- Tracey Shafer -Â Superintendent, Huntington School Corporation
- Pat Sullivan -Â Executive Vice President, Hylant Group
- Dr. Jo Young Switzer -Â President, Manchester College
- Bob Taylor -Â President, Do It Best Corporation
- Dr. Mike Wartell -Â Chancellor, IPFW
- Norm Yoder -Â Mayor, City of Auburn
Nationally-recognized experts from ACP Visioning+Planning and Team Kolzow, Inc. are facilitating the work of the Coordinating Group, who will meet regularly over the next several months. The participating counties are Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, and Whitley. The Coordinating Group will provide updates to keep the public informed of progress and outcomes.
Funding support for Vision 2020 is being provided by the Northeast Indiana Foundation, the Northeast Indiana Corporate Council, the Cole Foundation, the Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne, the English Bonter Mitchell Foundation, the Robert Goldstine Foundation, the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, and the Lincoln Financial Foundation. Additional private foundation support is also anticipated.