- Written by Stephen L. Parker
Welcome! If you have found this page, it is because you have been offered an interview with AroundFortWayne to talk about your campaign for public office. We would like to share the following guidelines/information with you.
But first, a little background. AroundFortWayne.com has been around since 2004. The blog portion of the website started in 2007 with the downtown Harrison Square project. The approach AFW takes is to present information in a "straight from the source" manner. News releases are shared without spin, editing or even editorial comment. Interviews are broadcast in their entirety using YouTube. Again, they are not edited, commented on or altered in any manner - unless there is an agreed upon change between the candidate and AFW.
The following guidelines should be kept in mind:
- These will be video interviews. Although an audio download of the interview will probably be made available for download, we do not offer audio-only interviews.
- One of the first questions you will be asked is to talk about your background. You may feel free to share whatever you would like about yourself. What you share is entirely up to you and your comfort level. It is suggested you keep this segment to around 3 minutes.
- You will be asked "open-ended" questions. Those watching the videos do not want to hear the AFW interviewer talking - they want to hear from you and your views.
- During these interviews, you will not be challenged - in other words, it is again your opportunity to present your viewpoint, belief, stance on an issue in its entirety without being challenged, interrupted or talked over.
- As to what to wear, chances are, you will be visible only from your shirt up. Please do not wear any patterned shirts. Solids are best. Also, avoid shirts with logos or prints.
- All candidates will be asked the same basic questions. However, depending on answers, the interview might stray into follow up questions or an opportunity to talk more about a topic.
If you have any questions, please, feel free to ask!
- Written by Stephen L. Parker
2 0 1 0 Wrap-up
This graph shows the annual page views for the website since its inception back in 2004.
This graph shows total annual visits for the website since its inception back in 2004.
Total overall visits in the 2010 calendar year.
Advertisers for the 2010 calendar year included: A Conley Christmas album, An Acoustic Evening with Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt, Aunt Millie's, G.I. Joe's Army Surplus Store, The Great Panes Glass Co., Historic West Main Street Farmer's Market, Holley Management, Hyde Bros. Book Store, Our Space Fort Wayne, The TinCaps and The Wood Shack. Of those ads that were enabled to 'click-thru' to the advertiser's website, a total of 3,866 click-thru's were registered for an average of 430 per ad.
Political candidates that advertised on the site during the 2010 calendar year included: Mike Avila, Mike Conley, Wendy Davis, Lewis Griffin, Tom Hayhurst, Kevin Howell, Paul Hughes, Maye Johnson, John McGauley, Jack Morris and Tom Wyss. Of those ads that were enabled to 'click-thru' to the advertiser's website, a total of 1,969 click-thru's were registered for an average of 164 per ad.
At the end of 2010, the AroundFortWayne.com website had the following Alexa traffic rankings:
- World Wide - 1,013,021
- in the USA - 115,841
Since the start of 2011, AFW is now within the top 640,000 world wide and 52,000 in the USA. Traffic for the month of January, thus far is up 35% and will only continue to climb with the upcoming City-wide election coverage this year.