I welcome the opportunity to work with candidates who are running for public office in our area.
Some points to consider
- If you provide a news release, it will be provided in its entirety on the blog. Nothing will be edited, removed or "spun".
- The news release will not be commented on in the original posting. Please be aware that the public may submit comments, however, comments on the blog are only accepted with a full name given, or at the least, some identifying piece of information the blogmaster can associate with the person submitting the comment.
- AFW welcomes the opportunity to attend media conferences for candidates. We also welcome the opportunity to interview a candidate. Please contact us at the email address below.
I welcome the opportunity to include your news releases or events on the blog.
- JPGs or other images used as flyers for your event, must be accompanied with text. I will not post flyers only. Part of the value for this blog in posting your events, is that search engines will pick up the text and draw traffic into this website. Search engines do not read the text on images. In addition, I will not take the time to re-type text.
- PDFs are welcome, however, make sure the text is copy-worthy and is not simply a scan. Again, I will not take the time to re-type the text for your event.
- Events should be submitted as early as possible. This allows the text you provide to become embedded into search engines, enhancing your chances of search engines finding and leading people to information about your event. It is never too early to post information about an event.
- If it is close to your event and you would like a reminder posted on the blog, please send me a quick note. I will be happy to re-post the details and provide any updates you might have.
- Depending on scheduling and scope of your event, I may be open to attending and providing coverage of your event on the blog. If this is something you might interested in exploring, let me know. If this is an paid admission event and you want AFW coverage, admission would need to be provided.
- Events submitted within 48 hours of their scheduled time will be posted as my schedule allows.
- AFW reserves the right to refuse inclusion of submitted news releases or calendar events for any reason.
- Keep in mind that the more work I need to do to include your event, the less likely it is to be included.
Reprinting of images
Thank you for your interest.
If you are inquiring about permission to use photos you find on this blog, please consider the following:
- All rights are reserved by me for photos and other self-created materials on this website. By sharing these items with you, there is no license or use granted beyond that of viewing the images on this blog. Any other use, including downloading to your storage devices, is strictly prohibited without prior permission from me.
- I have a lot of time and expense invested in these images. As of October, 2009, I will no longer be granting use of my images for free. If you wish to purchase images for your use, please contact me for a quote. Make sure you include the scope of the project, if the project is a print or internet project and what you are looking for.
I engage in this pursuit because I find it personally fulfilling. It is also a means of sharing with the community that which is going on and may otherwise go unnoticed and undocumented. I believe I have a right to be compensated for the value of the work I perform. No exceptions to this policy will be made.
- URL (begins with http://)
- Title of the website
- One sentence description
- Suggested category
All submissions will be considered and you may or may not receive a response considering action taken.