Welcome! If you have found this page, it is because you have been offered an interview with AroundFortWayne to talk about your campaign for public office. We would like to share the following guidelines/information with you.
But first, a little background. AroundFortWayne.com has been around since 2004. The blog portion of the website started in 2007 with the downtown Harrison Square project. The approach AFW takes is to present information in a "straight from the source" manner. News releases are shared without spin, editing or even editorial comment. Interviews are broadcast in their entirety using YouTube. Again, they are not edited, commented on or altered in any manner - unless there is an agreed upon change between the candidate and AFW.
The following guidelines should be kept in mind:
- These will be video interviews. Although an audio download of the interview will probably be made available for download, we do not offer audio-only interviews.
- One of the first questions you will be asked is to talk about your background. You may feel free to share whatever you would like about yourself. What you share is entirely up to you and your comfort level. It is suggested you keep this segment to around 3 minutes.
- You will be asked "open-ended" questions. Those watching the videos do not want to hear the AFW interviewer talking - they want to hear from you and your views.
- During these interviews, you will not be challenged - in other words, it is again your opportunity to present your viewpoint, belief, stance on an issue in its entirety without being challenged, interrupted or talked over.
- As to what to wear, chances are, you will be visible only from your shirt up. Please do not wear any patterned shirts. Solids are best. Also, avoid shirts with logos or prints.
- All candidates will be asked the same basic questions. However, depending on answers, the interview might stray into follow up questions or an opportunity to talk more about a topic.
If you have any questions, please, feel free to ask!