Indiana Department of Homeland Security news release
FEMA Individual Assistance: COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Program
Indianapolis, Indiana (April 22, 2021) – The recently announced FEMA COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Program is accepting applications for the reimbursement of funeral services and interment or cremation costs incurred as a result of COVID-19. Funding of up to $9,000 is available to eligible applicants. Applications must be made by phone by the individual; funeral homes are not eligible to apply on a client’s behalf.
More information related to the application process, eligibility and necessary documentation is available online. Applicants may apply by calling 844-684-6333 (TTY: 800-462-7585) from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday. Multilingual services are available.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a copy of the death certificate?
County and local health departments will be a helpful source for death certificate questions, including amending certificates, if necessary. A list of county and local health departments can be found on the Indiana Department of Health website.
My loved one had life insurance. Does that disqualify me from assistance?
Although the program will not duplicate benefits paid by burial or funeral insurance, FEMA stresses that a life insurance policy does not disqualify survivors from the assistance program. Life insurance proceeds are not considered a duplication of Funeral Assistance benefits.
For more information, visit the IDHS Individual Assistance webpage.
COVID-19 World Wide Web Resources
Allen County Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance and Local Resources
State of Indiana Web Resources:
- Indiana’s Mortgage Assistance Program
- List of who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine
- Eligible? Click here to register and make an appointment
- Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 information and stats
- Indiana Executive Orders issued during the COVID-19 pandemic: 2020 | 2021
Other Web Resources:
- Recipients of the COVID-19 vaccines should sign up for V-safe, the after-vaccination health checker
- Free rides for COVID-19 vaccinations in NE Indiana
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 cases in the United States
- John Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard
- Latest news from Google News
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Program