The Fort Wayne Police Department has apprehended Cohen Bennett Hancz-Barron in Lafayette, Indiana.
Fort Wayne, Indiana (June 2, 2021) – Regarding the attached incident, through a joint effort between FWPD Homicide, Gang and Violent Crimes Unit, Vice and Narcotics Unit, and the Indiana State Police, Cohen Bennett Hancz-Barron has been arrested at an apartment complex in Lafayette, IN.
Cohen Bennett Hancz-Barron is being transported back to the Allen County Jail and will be facing four charges of Murder.
Our many thanks to the public and media for the tremendous assistance in sharing information and calling in tips on this wanted fugitive.
Please note: The Allen County Coroner did not include a homicide on May 10, 2021, at the Suburban Inn at 3320 West Coliseum Boulevard in their numbered listing of homicides. This is the reason for the differences in the numbering from the Coroner’s news releases.
- FWPD: BOLO – armed and extremely dangerous suspect – 2nd June 2021
- FWPD: Homicide Investigation, Gay Street – 2nd June 2021
- Cohen Bennett Hancz-Barron apprehended in Lafayette – 2nd June 2021
- Coroner: 18th, 19th, 20th, and 21st 2021 Allen County Homicides – 3rd June 2021
- Download the Allen County Coroner’s news release – 19th March 2021
- List of the 2021 Allen County Homicides
- FWPD incident reports
- The Fort Wayne Police Department website