Indiana State Police news release on the investigation into an overnight Police Action Shooting in Kendallville, Indiana.
Fort Wayne, Indiana (April 30, 2021) – In the matter of the April 22, 2021 police action shooting investigation (original release detailed below), the Noble County Prosecutor has now filed criminal charges against Justin Robert Weikel. Weikel, whom remains held in custody at the Noble County jail, has been formally charged with the following offenses:
- Count 1- Attempted Murder, Level 1 Felony
- Count 2- Attempted Aggravated Battery, Level 3 Felony
- Count 3- Possession of Firearm by Serious Violent Felon, Level 4 Felony
- Count 4- Possession of Narcotic Drug, Level 4 Felony
- Count 5- Resisting Law Enforcement (Motor Vehicle), Level 6 Felony
There is no further information to release at this time.
*All criminal defendants are to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- ISP investigating overnight Police Action Shooting – 22nd April 2021
- ISP Update: Kendallville Police Action Shooting – 25th April 2021
- ISP Update: Kendallville Police Action Shooting – 30th April 2021