This post contains outdated information.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory in effect from April 17, 02:00 AM EDT until April 17, 02:00 PM EDT:
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Northern Indiana
253 PM EDT Thu Apr 16 2020
La Porte-Starke-Pulaski-Marshall-Fulton IN-Kosciusko-Whitley-Allen IN-White-Cass IN-Miami-Wabash-Huntington-Wells-Adams-
Including the cities of Michigan City, La Porte, Knox, North Judson, Bass Lake, Winamac, Francesville, Medaryville, Plymouth, Bremen, Culver, Rochester, Akron, Warsaw, Winona Lake, Syracuse, Mentone, Columbia City, Tri-Lakes, South Whitley, Fort Wayne, New Haven, Monticello, Monon, Brookston, Logansport, Royal Center, Peru, Grissom AFB, Mexico, Wabash, North Manchester, Huntington, Roanoke, Bluffton, Ossian, Decatur, and Berne
253 PM EDT Thu Apr 16 2020 /153 PM CDT Thu Apr 16 2020/
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM EDT /1 AM CDT/ TO 2 PM EDT /1 PM CDT/ FRIDAY...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 7 inches.
* WHERE...Portions of northern Indiana.
* WHEN...From 2 AM EDT /1 AM CDT/ to 2 PM EDT /1 PM CDT/ Friday.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow will develop late tonight and persist into Friday morning. The snow may be heavy at times, especially north of Route 24. The period of heaviest snow is expected from roughly 4 AM to 10 AM EDT Friday. Rain may mix with the snow south of Route 24, potentially limiting snow amounts across these locations.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.