New release from Governor Eric Holcomb’s office:
Gov. Holcomb Signs Executive Order in Fight Against COVID-19
INDIANAPOLIS (March 26, 2020) — Governor Eric J. Holcomb today signed a new executive order in a continuing effort to slow the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Click here to see the executive order.
Gov. Holcomb outlined these new additional efforts in the executive order:
- The Department of Workforce Development (DWD) has suspended the one-week waiting period that is required before paying unemployment benefits to allow claimants to receive their checks more quickly. The suspension is retroactive to March 8, 2020.
- Hoosiers with chronic health issues will be able to receive a 90-day supply of their non-controlled prescription medication, such as insulin or cholesterol medications.
- Medicaid recipients can use their benefits to cover costs of using alternate forms of transportation, such as ride-sharing services, for appointments to see their healthcare providers.
- The Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) has additional funding flexibility to allow for additional home delivery of meals.
- The Department of Local Government Finance (DLGF) has extended deadlines related to local government finances.