The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 5:00 pm until noon Thursday.
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Northern Indiana
405 AM EST Wed Feb 12 2020
La Porte-St. Joseph IN-Elkhart-Lagrange-Steuben-Noble-De Kalb-Marshall-Kosciusko-Whitley-Allen IN-Berrien-Cass MI-St. Joseph MI-Branch-Hillsdale-Williams-Fulton OH-Defiance-Henry-Paulding-Putnam-Van Wert-Allen OH-
Including the cities of Michigan City, La Porte, South Bend, Mishawaka, New Carlisle, Walkerton, Elkhart, Goshen, Nappanee, Lagrange, Topeka, Shipshewana, Angola, Fremont, Kendallville, Ligonier, Albion, Auburn, Garrett, Plymouth, Bremen, Culver, Warsaw, Winona Lake, Syracuse, Mentone, Columbia City, Tri-Lakes, South Whitley, Fort Wayne, New Haven, Niles, Benton Harbor, St. Joseph, Fair Plain, Benton Heights, Buchanan, Paw Paw Lake, Dowagiac, Cassopolis, Marcellus, Sturgis, Three Rivers, White Pigeon, Mendon, Coldwater, Bronson, Hillsdale, Jonesville, Litchfield, Bryan, Montpelier, Edgerton, Wauseon, Archbold, Swanton, Delta, Defiance, Sherwood, Hicksville, Napoleon, Deshler, Liberty Center, Paulding, Antwerp, Payne, Ottawa, Leipsic, Columbus Grove, Continental, Pandora, Van Wert, Ohio City, Lima, Spencerville, and Bluffton
405 AM EST Wed Feb 12 2020 /305 AM CST Wed Feb 12 2020/
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM EST /4 PM CST/ THIS AFTERNOON TO 1 PM EST /NOON CST/ THURSDAY…
* WHAT…Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches.
* WHERE…Portions of northern Indiana, southwest Michigan and northwest Ohio.
* WHEN…From 5 PM EST /4 PM CST/ this afternoon to 1 PM EST /noon CST/ Thursday.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact both the Wednesday evening and Thursday morning commutes.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Snow will rapidly move in late Wednesday afternoon and persist into Wednesday night. The greatest accumulation potential will exist Wednesday evening.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.