Tonight’s weather story for tonight:
Hazardous travel tonight into Wednesday AM
Winter Weather Advisory in effect for entire area
- Winter Weather Advisory issued, in effect from 5 AM to 3 PM
- Light/moderate snow moves in late tonight, changing to freezing rain within a few hours of start of snow.
- Snow accumulations between 1 and 2 inches
- Ice accumulations of a light glaze up to a tenth of an inch possible
- Temperatures slowly warm above freezing during day, ending ice threat
- Hazardous travel likely to start around/just before Wednesday’s AM commute. Improved conditions by PM commute
- Check our webpage, social media or the latest situation report regarding timing of the advisory, snow, and freezing rain
(February 19, 2019) – Yet another messy travel period appears to be in store late tonight into the Wednesday morning commute as snow overspreads the area after midnight and changes to freezing rain just in time for the morning commute. The graphic shows forecasted snow amounts with ice accumulations after the snow of up to a tenth of an inch possible. Untreated roads will become slippery as temperatures struggle to climb above freezing through the day. The threat for icing will end in the south first and slowly expand north. A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for the entire area. For more details on the advisory, timing of the snow and ice and other information, go to our webpage and click on your location on the map or view the Situation report at the top right of the page. Stay tuned for later updates.