Winter Storm Watch in effect
- Snow starts falling from west to east
- Midnight – Moderate to heavy snow in northwest Indiana
- 8 AM – Moderate to heavy snow area wide
- Midnight – Snow tapers off across entire area
(January 19, 2019) – Winter Storm to impact the area starting Friday night into Saturday. Winter Storm Watch in effect for 4-6″ across the area with higher amounts south and east.
Text of the Winter Storm Watch from the National Weather Service:
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Northern Indiana
231 PM EST Thu Jan 17 2019
Noble-De Kalb-Pulaski-Fulton IN-Kosciusko-Whitley-Allen IN-White-Cass IN-Miami-Wabash-Huntington-Wells-Adams-Grant-Blackford-Jay-Williams-Fulton OH-Defiance-Henry-Paulding-Putnam-Van Wert-
Including the cities of Kendallville, Ligonier, Albion, Auburn, Garrett, Winamac, Francesville, Medaryville, Rochester, Akron, Warsaw, Winona Lake, Syracuse, Mentone, Columbia City, Tri-Lakes, South Whitley, Fort Wayne, New Haven, Monticello, Monon, Brookston, Logansport, Royal Center, Peru, Grissom AFB, Mexico, Wabash, North Manchester, Huntington, Roanoke, Bluffton, Ossian, Decatur, Berne, Marion, Gas City, Upland, Hartford City, Montpelier, Portland, Dunkirk, Bryan, Edgerton, Wauseon, Archbold, Swanton, Delta, Defiance, Sherwood, Hicksville, Napoleon, Deshler, Liberty Center, Paulding, Antwerp, Payne, Ottawa, Leipsic, Columbus Grove, Continental, Pandora, Van Wert, Ohio City, Lima, and Spencerville
231 PM EST Thu Jan 17 2019 /131 PM CST Thu Jan 17 2019/
…WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT…
* WHAT…Heavy snow possible along with gusty winds and significant blowing and drifting snow. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 8 inches expected, with locally higher amounts possible.
* WHERE…Portions of northern Indiana and northwest Ohio.
* WHEN…From late Friday night through late Saturday night.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Snow overspreading the area overnight Friday and continuing into Saturday afternoon. Moderate to heavy snow combined with gusty northeast winds to 25 to 35 mph Saturday and Saturday evening will create hazardous travel conditions.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.