News release from the Fort Wayne Fire Department:
(September 17, 2016) – A resident in the 900 block of Lincoln Avenue was awoken this evening by neighbors pounding on his door alerting him to smoke coming from roof. He safely exited the home with 3 dogs.
Fort Wayne Fire Department units arrived to observe heavy smoke and some fire from the roof on arrival and discovered a fire in a second floor room which extended into the attic area.
The fire was brought under control within 25 minutes and there were no injuries.