Today’s weather story from the National Weather Service:
Mild with storms possible today
Cooler Friday into this weekend
- 50-60% Rain/storms today with highs in the 70s
- An isolated strong/severe storm possible between 3 and 8 p.m. this afternoon across NE IN, SC MI, and NW OH.
- Damaging wind gusts, lightning, and small hail will be the main threats
- Drier and cooler Friday with highs in the 60s
- Rain likely Friday night
- Mainly dry/cool this weekend with highs in the upper 40s to mid 50s Saturday and 50s on Sunday
(May 12, 2016) – A warm front will move through the area this morning bringing a chance for showers and isolated thunderstorms. Better chances for thunderstorms arrive this afternoon into early this evening as a cold front swings through. Isolated severe weather is possible mainly along and east of I-69 during the mid-late afternoon hours. Highs this afternoon will top out in the 70s. Cooler weather will then filter in behind this system Friday into this weekend.