Tonight’s weather story from the National Weather Service:
Trending cooler through the week
- Pleasant evening in store with temperatures falling into the middle 60s by midnight.
- Clouds will begin to increase later tonight, with mostly cloudy skies persisting into Wednesday
- Rain chances will begin to increase Wednesday afternoon in the southwest
- Better chances for showers and even a few thunderstorms Wednesday night into Thursday
- Temperatures will not be as warm through Thursday, but still near or above normal
(April 18, 2016) – One more mostly clear evening will be in store for the region with little wind and temperatures slowly falling through the 70s into the middle 60s by midnight. Clouds will begin to increase from northwest to southeast later tonight as a weak cold front moves in.
This will bring an end to the summer like temperatures and trend back towards more seasonable readings in the 60s by Wednesday and Thursday.
Low pressure will move out of the southern Plains into the western Great Lakes by Thursday, bringing increasing chances for showers and even a few thunderstorms.