News release from the City of Fort Wayne:
Operation F4 to host lunchtime learning session
(November 5, 2014) – The Operation F4 – Fight for a Fitter Fort (OPF4) team will host a lunchtime learning session from noon-1 p.m. Friday, Nov. 14 at the YMCA Central Branch, 1020 Barr St.
At the free event, participants will learn how to:
- Manage food cues that trigger overeating
- Handle the urges and social pressures to overindulge
- Create delicious, healthy holiday recipes to keep you on track
- Develop a healthy mindset to better manage your weight and life
Partners for the event are Parkview Health, Take Charge Counseling & Consulting Services, and the YMCA.
A free lunch will be provided to the first 50 attendees.
OPF4 is a community wellness initiative to encourage individuals to implement lifestyle changes that include fitness, nutrition, wellness, and activities. OPF4’s mission is for residents to lose a collective 500,000 pounds by the end of 2016.
The innovative program was created by Fort Wayne resident Chris Blake and endorsed by Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry. To date, more than 750 individuals have signed up to participate in OPF4.
How OPF4 works:
- Sign up as individuals or teams and enter current health information as directed.
- Individuals will learn how to structure exercise and eating for healthy results.
- Individuals/teams will be able to log in and track progress. Calculators will automatically tabulate the City’s collective results.
Resources for individuals/companies to get connected with OPF4: