News release from the City of Fort Wayne:
Operation F4 to host “No Sweat” event
Event is part of Fight for a Fitter Fort
(October 1, 2014) – The Operation F4 – Fight for a Fitter Fort (OPF4) team will host the first “No Sweat” event from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday, Oct. 10 at Parkview Field.
“No Sweat” highlights:
- Lunchtime learning on how to get fit, eat smart, and feel good
- Tips on how to prepare a better breakfast and healthy lunches
- Healthy snack ideas
- How to stretch and reduce stress at work
- Learn how to incorporate healthier habits at home
- Proper warm-ups for children and adults before exercising
Partners for the event are Empowered Sports Club, H.O.P.E. Fitness & Sports Training, LONGevity Fitness, OZ Strength and Conditioning, and Sud’n Impact Gym.
The free event is part of the OPF4 program, a community wellness initiative to encourage individuals to implement lifestyle changes that include fitness, nutrition, wellness, and activities. OPF4’s mission is for residents to lose a collective 500,000 pounds by the end of 2016.
The innovative program was created by Fort Wayne resident Chris Blake and endorsed by Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry. To date, more than 600 individuals have signed up to participate in OPF4.
How OPF4 works:
- Sign up as individuals or teams and enter current health information as directed.
- Individuals will learn how to structure exercise and eating for healthy results.
- Individuals/teams will be able to log in and track progress. Calculators will automatically tabulate the City’s collective results.
Resources for individuals/companies to get connected with OPF4:
- Website: www.OPF4.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/OperationF4
- Twitter: @OpF4FW