News release from Ft. Wayne’s Farmers Market:
Ft. Wayne Farmers Market’s Saturday Summer Downtown Market Kick-off
June 1st starts FWFM’s Saturday Barr Street Market
(May 30, 2013) – Ft. Wayne’s Farmers Market (FWFM) first Saturday market of the summer season will be Saturday, June 1st from 9 AM to 1 PM located at the Barr Street parking lot between Wayne Street and Washington Blvd. Along with Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana’s (YLNI’s) Barr Street Market, FWFM’s summer Saturday market will complete the footprint of the historic City Market that ran along Barr Street from Berry Street to Washington Street.
“FWFM is honored to be located in the footprint of the old City market,” said Leigh Rowan, Market Coordinator. “Our collaboration with YLNI’s Barr Street Market will create a premium market experience for shoppers who enjoy the downtown experience. We are so pleased to help contribute to the downtown farmers market experience for the community as well as to provide even more vendors the opportunity to participate.”
FWFM is proud to offer fresh produce and foods with selections for those with special dietary needs or restrictions including vegetarian, vegan, paleo, sugar-free and gluten-free.
Parking is available at the Citizens Square surface lot, the City of Fort Wayne employee surface lot located at the corner of Clinton and Wayne Streets as well as on street parking.
FWFM has several other satellite markets throughout the summer season:
- Parkview Regional Medical Center Campus (PRMC) – Tuesdays, May 28th to August 27th, 2 to 6 PM
- FWFM Downtown (One Summit Square) – Wednesdays, May 29th to September 25th, 10 AM to 2 PM
- New Haven (Schnelker Park) – Wednesdays, June 19th to Oct. 16th, Weds. 4 to 7 PM
- Georgetown Square – Thursdays, June 13th to September 12th, 4 to 7 PM
- Jefferson Pointe (near Carmike Theatre) – Fridays, June 7th to September 6th, 4 to7 PM
- FWFM Downtown (Barr Street parking lot between Wayne and Washington) – Saturdays, June 1st to September 14th – 9 AM to 1 PM
When visiting FWFM and individual vendors, be sure to check in on foursquare for deals and specials! FWFM
encourages the community to “Buy Local, Buy Fresh” at every opportunity, including supporting other farmers
SATURDAY DOWNTOWN MARKET DATES: Every Saturday from June 1, 2013 through September 14, 2013
9 AM to 1 PM
Barr Street Parking Lot between Wayne Street and Washington Blvd.
For further information, please visit the Ft. Wayne’s Farmers Market website.
FWFM Saturday Downtown Vendors
(We anticipate adding vendors throughout the summer)
- Affine Foods
- Amy Krucina Soaps
- Big Brick House Bakery
- Fishburn Farms
- Fresco Spice Getaway Grill
- Get Fresh Farms
- Kuntry Side Bakery
- Let Me Entertain You
- Olive Twist
- R & C Eggs
- Rolling Pin Pie Company
- Simply Swan
- Sweet Cravings
- Tasty Temptations
- Tonne Winery
- Wrist Art
- Young’s Greenhouse