AroundFortWayne

More tips to avoid CO poisoning

Press release from Safe Kids Allen County:

More tips to avoid CO poisoning

(December 16, 2010) – Have all gas, oil or coal burning appliances inspected by a technician every year to ensure they’re working correctly and are properly ventilated.

When a CO leak is suspected, open windows to allow fresh air into the home. If someone who has been in a poorly ventilated room with a fuel-burning appliance exhibits symptoms such as headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting or confusion, move the victim to an area with fresh air and call 911.

If more than one person in the home suddenly feels ill for no apparent reason, or if a CO alarm goes off, get everyone outside immediately and call 911 from a prearranged meeting place.

Exit mobile version